Update: Here is the link to view the Adventure Monkey Magazines. Enjoy!
I’ve been researching strategies to bring more people to this blog. The gurus of the blogosphere are in agreement that the title of the blog post is very important. I think today’s title is not only appropriate, but also very google search friendly.
I like Adventure Magazines. I especially like magazines that have stories written by people that have actually taken part in an adventure rather than a writer’s point of view or interview of an adventurer. I like to hear it straight from the adventurer him or herself. I like to read what they went through, why they do what they do and what it took to do it. Outdoor Magazine does a decent job of that once you wade through all the advertisements, but there is one magazine that stands out far above the others.
You know what it is already, but I will go ahead and tell you. It’s the Adventure Monkey magazine written by you, the readers, and designed, edited, and put together in my basement. Oh wait, that last part didn’t sound very impressive. Just trust me on this.
I was actually told that the Adventure Monkey magazine was one of the best ever seen. I know what you are thinking, but it wasn’t my mom that said that either. In fact it wasn’t a family member or friend, although they are my greatest supporters. The person that said that is in fact a world traveler and real adventurer. So take her word for it, and my mom’s because she thinks I am super cool.
Adventure Monkey Magazine Issue Three is complete
Yes, after a couple of months or so, it is ready for human consumption. This time it is a little different. The first two issues were free downloads. That was supposed to entice and tease you to want more. Hopefully it worked. This issue is almost free. What I mean by almost free is that it is so inexpensive, you will never miss the change you spent to get the magazine. Why is it not free? I am so glad you asked.
- The magazine takes up a lot of my time and effort. I am repaid by seeing all the downloads add up and that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. But it makes me, and my wife, want to scrap such a time consuming project that doesn’t help in a monetary kind of way.
- The contributors are currently “paid” with a free issue. It costs me $100s just to do that, which brings us back to point number one.
- It would be nice to actually pay the talented contributors.
- A magazine this good is worth paying for.
- Point number one deserves one more mention.
- My wife wants you to reread point number one one last time.
- I need to keep track of readers in order to move this to the next level (=advertisers, of course only Adventure Monkey approved advertisers)
How inexpensive? Yes I know I should charge more Mom, but I want this to continue growing at a phenomenal rate so I am keeping it very low for now. It will be free, plus $0.99 USD. That’s less than a dollar and way healthier than any fast food dollar menu too. For paying almost nothing, you can download the entire magazine as a pdf and read it on your computer, phone, iPad or any other device that can read pdfs. You are welcome. <edit> Download it now – it’s free!
Issue Three Teaser
So what’s in it you ask? Here’s a sneak peak. Then go to the Adventure Monkey store HERE and download yourself a magazine, and buy a shirt and a pair of lovely Adventure Monkey socks. Christmas, Hanukkah and Kwanza shopping solved. Go HERE to download your copy and actually read the great articles.
Feed Your Monkey!
Powered by Facebook Comments